Looking into ways to become an egg donor? We are here to help you understand how it works. Both couples and single women can use a donor egg. It is required when a woman who wants to become a mother does not have enough eggs or they are of poor quality. This may be caused by genetic issues or acquired conditions.
Using donor eggs is also a technique to prevent hereditary diseases if there is a high risk of their development, or if previous numerous IVF attempts have been unsuccessful.
In many countries donation is prohibited, but not in Ukraine. Couples from Europe can choose a Ukrainian donor with any characteristics they need.
In recent years the birth rate among women over 40 has jumped sharply. At 30, women can safely get pregnant naturally or with IVF, but for 40+ women it’s already more difficult because the body produces fewer oocytes than before. Sometimes the only solution is IVF using donor eggs.
What Is Egg Donation?
To become an egg donor you should be a healthy woman aged 21 to 35 years.
If the requirements are met and there are no contraindications to becoming an egg donor, ovarian stimulation is provided to cause ovulation. To do this, on the first days of the cycle, the woman begins to take a drug that stimulates the activity of the ovaries. The purpose is to cause the maturation of several eggs at once in one cycle. This greatly increases the chances of IVF success.
Then the follicles are punctured and the eggs are removed. The whole procedure is carried out under anesthesia, therefore it is completely painless, and takes around 15-20 minutes.
The doctor selects the most high-quality eggs, places them in a special incubator for 4-6 hours, and then they are fertilized.
The entire oocyte collection procedure is completely painless. Donating your eggs will not affect your quality of work or free time. During the examination, you get an absolutely free diagnosis of your health. The hormonal drugs will not interfere with your cycleOn the contrary, the introduction of female hormones into the body will positively affect the general state of your health, appearance, and well-being.
And most importantly: your donor egg can give another woman the joy of motherhood, and this is the most wonderful feeling in the world. Besides, you will receive material rewards for egg donation, regardless of the outcome and success of the IVF.
How to Become an Egg Donor in Ukraine?
How do you become an egg donor? Here are the general requirements to become an egg donor:
- healthy woman
- 21 – 35 years
- have one child or several healthy children
- no chronic, gynecological and genetic diseases
- normal physique (no excess or lack of weight)
- no surgeries on the mammary glands and ovaries
- the woman must undergo a full medical and genetic examination (blood count and Rh factor, fluorography, gynecologist and general examination, tests for viruses and infections, PAP smear, pelvic ultrasound).
Only after the results of the survey are ready will the donor’s egg go to the bank.
The woman or couple who require a donated egg will have a choice of using an anonymous or familiar donor. One of the most popular requests future parents make is similarity – they want the child to look like at least one of them. We have already written the article about egg donation process. Read it to learn more.
Egg Donating Program Advantages
- Additional income. After the program, you are guaranteed to receive a renumeration, regardless of the results of the recipient’s fertilization.
- Free examination. The clinic conducts a thorough diagnosis of the future donor’s health.
- Convenient schedule. The egg donation program does not change your usual schedule – doctor appointments can be compatible with your main job.
- Time-saving. The duration of the program is 3 weeks, you will have 4-5 visits to the doctor.
- Safety. If you follow the recommendations, the risk of complications will be minimized. Complications only occur in 0.1% of cases.
Why Choose Us?
There are many surrogacy agencies. What is special about the New Life clinic?
- Future parents can find all the necessary information about egg donors on our website: name, age, height, weight, blood type, habits, city and external features;
- Donors at New Life pass a full medical examination;
- We provide high-quality medical procedures based on 7 years of experience;
- We have highly qualified doctors;
- Our clinic has one of the largest databases of donors and surrogate mothers in Ukraine;
- Reasonable, affordable prices. The price of an egg donation program at New Life depends on many factors and may vary for different patients, but it is much smaller than in other countries.
Become an egg donor and help someone’s wish come true!