For some people, IVF treatment is the only chance to have kids. The main goal of In vitro fertilization is to help a woman get pregnant and carry the baby. In this review, we’ll analyze this process in greater detail for you to know what to expect from the procedure.
IVF Treatment – What It Is?
IVF, or in vitro fertilization treatment, is a series of complex processes that are used to help with fertility problems. Today, it is the most popular type of assisted reproductive technology, which is based on the combination of surgical procedures and medicine. Professionals from the New Life Center help the sperm fertilize the egg and then implant it in the uterus. Before in vitro fertilization, the woman has to take meds that help produce several eggs ready for fertilization. When this stage is complete, a doctor takes the eggs out of your body and uses sperm to fertilize them. After that, fertilized embryos will be put directly into the uterus, and pregnancy should happen. However, it is not always an easy process. It may take a few months for the woman gets pregnant. Sometimes, one try is enough, but in general, a few rounds of IVF are needed. No one can give you a guarantee of success on the first try, because everyone is different.
The Main Reasons Why People Choose IVF Treatment
So what is IVF fertility treatment? What is its purpose? The main goal of this treatment is to help people with genetic or fertility problems to become parents. In some instances, IVF is also offered as the main treatment for infertility in women over the age of 40. It is a solution in the following cases:
- Fallopian tube blockage;
- Ovulation disorders;
- Tubal removal;
- Unexplained infertility;
- Genetic disorders that prevent a woman from getting pregnant;
- IVF for fertility preservation (e.g. for women who have just started chemotherapy and want to have their eggs frozen in an unfertilized state for future use).
How to Prepare for In Vitro Fertilization?
Before you begin your IVF treatment at the New Life center, you need to get ready for the process. There are several screenings to undergo before the fertility treatment:
- Semen analysis (this is usually a part of initial fertility evaluation);
- Uterine exam. Before the beginning of the treatment, experts need to examine your uterus. There are two methods they can use: sonohysterography or hysteroscopy. Your doctor should choose which of them is more effective in your case.
- Infectious disease test. Both partners must be screened for HIV or other dangerous infectious diseases.
- Ovarian reserve analysis. The main goal of this testing is to check the quality of eggs in women. It allows our specialists to find out more about the concentration of anti-mullerian and follicle-stimulating hormones.
- General blood test.
This list is not full, your doctor can prescribe some more tests individually, depending on your state of health and peculiarities of your body.
The Main Stages of IVF Treatment
Every patient wants to know what to expect from this procedure. So let’s review the main stages of IVF fertility treatment:
- Ovulation induction. At the beginning of the treatment, the woman should start taking synthetic hormones that will stimulate the body to produce multiple eggs. This procedure usually takes 1-2 weeks.
- Egg retrieval. The transvaginal ultrasound method is usually used to do this. Less than 30 minutes are needed to complete this stage.
- Sperm retrieval.
- Fertilization. Two methods are used in this case: conventional insemination or intracytoplasmic sperm injection. Professional experts will decide which method will work better in your case.
- Embryo transfer. This procedure is usually painless. The doctor takes a syringe with one or two embryos and places them into the uterus with the help of a catheter.
If the procedure is successful, in 10 days you’ll know whether the embryo has implanted in the uterus.
Side Effects of IVF Treatment
As well as any other medical procedure, this one also has some risks and side effects. Any professional doctor should notify you about the possibility of:
- breast tenderness;
Moreover, the process can be hard for both partners emotionally. However, it depends on your state of health and your attitude to this process. Here, at the New Life Center, we’ll do our best to guide you through the whole process without any trouble. Now, you have a general idea of what fertility treatment includes. However, if you need some clarification regarding the procedure, average costs or some other questions, feel free to contact us. Here at the New Life Center we are always ready to answer your questions and help you get rid of all doubts that are keeping you from becoming parents. We are professionals in the IVF treatment niche, so we know how to help you!